Last week, our Grade 7 class received a letter from a student named Blake, inviting us to join the Great Canadian Mail Race. Blake’s letter was sent all the way from Conne River, Newfoundland!
The purpose of the Great Canadian Mail Race is to connect our students with Grade 7 students from all around Canada! We will also be using this activity as a chance to learn and practice our formal letter writing skills.
Students are being asked to write a letter to a Grade 7 class somewhere in Canada. Please do not choose a school in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto. I encourage you to do some research and choose a school in a community that interests you.
Please follow the formal address guidelines that are outlined in the Letter Writing Presentation.
Click the link below to view the instructions, tips, and template:
Each letter must include the following information:
- A brief introduction to ourselves (name, age, school).
- Please only include your first name and if you choose to do so your last initial.
- Some of our hobbies and activities (sports, clubs, instruments, volunteering, etc.)
- Some of our favourite things (pets, subjects, places to visit, etc.)
- Why we chose to send a letter to this person/school
- Some questions we would like the other person to answer so that we can learn more about him/her