We are happy to be back in school today! We have spent the last two weeks discussing presentation skills. Our classes have focused on analyzing the essential components for a successful presentation.
How should I prepare for a presentation?
- Organize your presentation logically
- Practice every day the week before (if possible)
- Don’t procrastinate
- Know your audience
- Adjust your presentation to meet the needs of your audience
- Be positive
- Record yourself while you are practicing
- Re-watch the presentation
- Focus on your eye contact, tone, pace, gestures
- Ask for peer/parental feedback
Task: Choose your favourite book and persuade others to purchase your book by creating a 90-second sales pitch. You will create a visual aid to accompany your pitch. In addition, students will incorporate at least three persuasive techniques.
|To Do||Due Date:|
|Write my pitch
Highlight your three persuasive techniques in blue
|Create visual aid||2/15|
|Practice and present||2/22 presentations begin|
Click the links below to access the assignment instructions, rubrics, and notes:
90-Second Book Pitch Assignment Instructions