Our next unit revolves around enhancing presentation skills and incorporating persuasive techniques. Our classes have focused on analyzing the essential components for a successful presentation.
How should I prepare for a presentation?
- Organize your presentation logically
- Practice every day the week before (if possible)
- Don’t procrastinate
- Know your audience
- Adjust your presentation to meet the needs of your audience
- Be positive
- Record yourself while you are practicing
- Re-watch the presentation
- Focus on your eye contact, tone, pace, gestures
- Ask for peer/parental feedback
90-Second Book Pitch
Task: Choose your favourite book and persuade others to purchase your book by creating a 90-second sales pitch. You must incorporate at least three persuasive techniques.
- You CAN also create a visual aid to accompany your pitch (optional)
Time: Please note you will only have 90 seconds to speak. Keep that in mind when you’re planning your book pitch!
Due Dates Planner:
Tuesday 3/8 –Brainstorm ideas
Friday 3/11-Rough draft of the pitch
Tuesday 3/15-Presentations begin
Click the links below to access the assignment instructions, rubrics, and notes: