Today we will finish watching the Lord of the Flies film in class. Students were asked to take notes and write down the differences between the film and the novel.
Assignment: Students are being asked to consider the following questions as they complete their compare and contrast assignments. You can create your comparison via a chart or in paragraph form.
Note: If you are unsure/can’t remember if a particular scene occurred in the book, please refer back to the text.
Questions to consider
- Were any of the characters altered?
- Are they the most central characters or others?
- On the whole, in what way have they changed?
- Did the changes in characterization affect your response to the film as a whole?
- Did the changes help clarify certain situations for you?
- Do you think that the changes occurred because of the inevitable condensing of the novel necessary in making a film of ninety minutes?