Reminder: Lord of the Flies Final Project is due Monday, June 3rd. Presentations for this project will also begin on Monday.
The end of the school year is approaching rapidly. We spent the last week working on developing and refining thesis statements. Now we are switching gears and focusing on preparing for our mini-debates.
Students will need to decide amongst their group members who will fulfill the following roles:
- Opening Statement-Gather the main arguments into an introductory statement. Do not give specific information; just provide the main argument with a rationale
- Presenter of the Argument-Present the main arguments for the team. Each presenter gives specific details that prove each rationale.
- Presenter of the Rebuttal- Answer the arguments of the other team. These presenters must take notes as the other team is presenting their arguments and respond to every argument, using specific information to disprove them.
- Closing Statement-Present the closing arguments for the team. Repeat the main idea with rationale and or counter-argument.
Important details to note:
- Some teams only have three members (one team member will have to fill/prepare two roles)
- Everyone will have the opportunity to prepare and ask questions to the opposing team during the “Crossfire Question” time allotment
- Each person is required to do research and come up with at least 3 arguments (facts + expert opinions to support their claim)