The OJCS Reading Challenge is back, but this year it’s bigger and better!
The prizes this year will include:
- An end-of-year book-based film screening in each classroom that meets their goals. The library will provide each class with popcorn and candy treats.
- Small prizes will be given out to each student who gets a Bingo on the genre bingo sheet (see document below)
- The middle school class that reads the largest number of books will also earn a trip to an escape room!
Will this year’s Grade 8 class repeat as middle school champions!?
How will we record the number of books read in each class?
For grades 6 – 8:
- Upon completing a book, students will be required to complete an Accelerated Reader Quiz (AR Quiz) in order for their book selection to be recorded in the class total
- To complete the quiz…follow these steps:
- Click on Accelerated Reader (orange box)
- Search for your book and complete the reading practice quiz
- Students can earn an additional point for the class by writing a review about their book on the library catalogue https://theojcs.booksys.net/opac/ojcs/index.html#menuHome
The number of pages will also impact how many books a particular novel counts for in the class total. After the AR Book quiz is complete, students will inform Mr. Washerstein and he will add the novel to the class list.
0-300 pages will count as one book
301-600 pages will count as two books
601-900 pages will count as three books
901-1,100 pages will count as four books
We will set our class goals at the end of this week!