Good afternoon students and parents!
Today students have been given the assignment packet for the Independent Reading Project. Many students are excited about the opportunity to read, review, and create a presentation about a book of their choosing! My goal is that students begin to read a minimum of 30 minutes per night. The only requirements regarding novel selection are that: the book has a minimum of 150 pages, the book adequately meets the reading level needs of the student, and that the book has not already been made into a movie.
For those students who need further instruction/accommodations for this assignment please reach out to me! I am more than happy to help modify this assignment to best meet the needs of each of our students at OJCS! Email me at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or concerns.
This assignment has been divided into a few key dates:
- Book must be chosen and approved by Friday October 5th
- Book must be read completely by Friday October 26th
- Turn in Part A (Book Report Form) and Part B (Summary) on Monday October 29th
- Part C (Creative Piece) Due on Wednesday November 7th (Presentations begin that day)
- Only choose ONE option for Part C